Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Smoke Pit - Campbellsville KY

If you find yourself in the vicinity of Elizabethtown, Kentucky any time soon, you need to make time for a quick diversion to Campbellsville KY for some top notch BBQ. The place is called "The Smoke Pit" at 1800 New Lebanon Rd and believe me when I say they have some very very good bbq. I was turned on to The Smoke Pit this weekend while attending a wedding by my good friend Ron Levi of Innuendo Foods LLC. He had been there before and after the wedding he looked at me and said "let's get out of here." We left the reception and went strait to The Smoke Pit. He had told me about this place from his last visit but I had never made it there.

WOW.... I ordered a Beef Brisket Plate with potato salad, cole slaw and a home made bun. It was really very very good. They had several sauces all made in house from spicy to sweet and smokey that added to the already excellent flavor. The prices are great and the atmosphere is pure small town Kentucky. Hopefully I will have some photos soon. The menu includes everything from Pulled Pork (a KY specialty) to sliced shoulder, beef brisket, tenderloin, chicken and of course baby back ribs. Prices are very reasonable.......... the most expensive thing on the menu is a full rack of ribs with 2 sides, a drink and a bun for only $20.00.

One of the girls that was working said they will be moving to a new location in the near future so if you are in Campbellsville give them a call at 270-789-6686. You won't regret it.

From Elizabethtown KY, Campbellsville is about 35 miles but well worth the drive. You can stop and visit Abraham Lincolns birthplace along the way.